Tips on managing blackheads, whiteheads, oily skin and enlarged pores:
Using the correct skincare products at home and CONSISTENTLY is key.
Please complete the CONSULTATION FORM so that we can assess your skin and recommend the products best suited for your skin requirements.
- Do not apply comedogenic/greasy skincare, makeup and sunscreen products
- Do not go to bed with makeup and sunscreen residue on your face.
- Cleanse face with a gentle cleanser of around pH5.5. Do not use wet wipes as a cleansing routine. Double cleanse if you have makeup or sunscreen on your face. The Gentle Cleanser is mild, unclogs pores and does not strip the skin of its natural protective barrier. The Gentle Cleanser can also be used as an alternative to facial shaving creams for men. Try the Gentle Cleanser for a refreshing, clean and balanced feeling.
- Over cleansing or use of harsh topical creams for the treatment of acne can lead to over secretion of oil/sebum through a mechanism that compensates the “drying out” effect of such products.
- Avoid using physical scrubs and brushes on affected areas as these can potentially aggravate acne. Rather use products containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) such as Mandelic Acid and Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) such as Salicylic Acid.
- The ACnCLEAR and PigmentoB CREAMS are non comedogenic and suitable for both men and women of all ages. They unclog pores through the reduction of excess oil, removal of dead skin cell buildup and ant-bacterial effects and achieve these benefits through their combination of active ingredients.
- The Balancing Serum is an amazing product and balances excess oil. It minimizes appearance of blackheads, whiteheads and enlarged pores. Apply immediately after blackhead removal to soothe the skin and as maintenance to control blackheads and enlarged pores. It absorbs super fast. This serum renders the skin, neither too oily nor too dry.
Extraction or Physical Removal of Blackheads and Whiteheads:
There are many salon treatments offering whitehead and blackhead removal . It is important that it is done in a sterile manner and by a professional skin aesthetician.
Description and Signs:
Blackheads and whiteheads are very common. They affect people of all ages but are most prevalent in adolescents during puberty. They not only look unsightly, but can also cause pain and redness. Fortunately, there are professional whitehead and blackhead treatments available that are effective and successful for most sufferers.
Blackheads (Open Comedones)
These are characterized by flat brown or black dots that vary in size and are often located on the face. They appear black as a result of the contents of sebum and melanin in dead skin cells in the pore, becoming oxidized. They can potentially become inflamed as a result of infection/bacteria.
Whiteheads (Closed Comedones)
These are raised bumps that, as their name suggests, are white or slightly yellow in colour. They also appear as a result of dead skin cells and sebum trapped in the pore.